What Kind Of Extremist Will You Be?

Posted on Saturday, September 10 at 13:50 by 4Canada
Dr. King had the temerity to challenge the war machine and war racketeers on April 04, 1967 in his famous speech on Vietnam…and he paid for that bit of inspired, courageous, honesty with his life exactly one year later. Casey had the naďve gall to join the US Army thinking he would be making the world a better, safer place… and he paid for that kind of immature (but honest) patriotic mistake with his wonderful life. Casey was a brave and honorable man who we were told volunteered to go on the mission that killed him to save the lives of his buddies. He was shot in the back of the head and died a little while later in a medic's station while a medic was trying to hold his brains in and while the doctors tried to keep him breathing. We have heard many wildly disparate stories of Casey's last few minutes on earth. I don't know if we will ever know the truth. One thing I do know, however, is that like Dr. King, Casey's murder will be to advance the cause for peace and in the name of love. I am wholly and completely convinced that this aggression on Iraq is illegal, immoral and appallingly unnecessary. I am also convinced that one drop of blood was one drop of blood too much to be shed for this abomination in Iraq. Now oceans of blood—both Iraqi and American—have been spilled for ruinous and disturbing policies of very bad people in our government who have based their reasons for invasion and occupation on their twisted imaginations and their seemingly bottomless lust for power, profits, chaos and confusion. Martin Luther King, Jr. wrote this from the Birmingham Jail in 1963 and it is so relevant today: We will have to repent in this generation not merely for the hateful words and actions of bad people, but for the appalling silence of the good people. continue: http://www.commondreams.org/views05/0908-31.htm [Proofreader's note: this article was edited for spelling and typos on September 10, 2005]

Note: http://www.commondreams...

Topic

Comments

1. Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:30 pm
    This is truly sad, but somehow refreshing, in the sense that this woman is taking a stand, and against an entire regime! We must applaud her efforts! I certainly do.

---
    If I stand for my country today...will my country be here to stand for me tomorrow?

2. Sun Sep 11, 2005 5:49 pm
    Extremist?!Hmm.
    Go back to 1941 when the Nazi's invaded Russia.
    Then take a look at what the Russians did to the Germans.
    We are in a mess that is violent,and it is going to get worse.
    Very sad.

3. by RPW
    Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:41 pm
    I will be a "polite" extremist.............

---
    RickW

4. Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:09 am
    I came to the planet with a clear, strong voice and a laugh that my friends could recognize even after years of me being away from my hometown pub. So I declare that I AM and always have been a "vociferous" extremist.

---
    "And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." Friedrich Nietzsche

5. Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:45 am
    <p>Sticking to the tried and true advice of <i>γνώθι σεαυτόν</i> and <i>μηδέν άγαν</i>, I’ll continue to be largely medianist.</p> <p>---<br>Shatter your ideals upon the rock of Truth.<br />
    <br />
    — The Divine Symphony, by Inayat Khan<br />

6. Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:43 am
    I have forgotten more about myself in the last week than I will ever have known in my lifetime. And each damn week is the same. I suppose if I knew myself I’d be a precisionist.

7. Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:50 pm
    What I find interesting these days is this... what was once an enemy / communists , is now a business partner.. but still remains a communists China for example.

The Americans blew the hell out of Viet Nam and placed the citizens under a death watch due to their Agent Orange defoliant spray program... are now a country whom they do business with .. but remains a communists state. I fear not the extremists who can see through all of this bullshit, lies and foolish wars, which have claimed the lives of our children and fathers and mothers, I fear the Party system , that bring on all of this destruction in the name of Commerce.
    Oil being one of the most dangerous commodities in the world, lives are lost and the environment destroyed by the EXTREMIST who control this evil liquid.

---
    Good government is not a party government

8. Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:28 pm
    Bah! It's all Greek to me.

---
    "If you must kill a man, it costs you nothing to be polite about it." Winston Churchill