Will Neocon Fanaticism Destroy America?

Posted on Wednesday, September 21 at 11:37 by attack beaver
What could the US have possibly done to give America a worse name than to invade Iraq and murder its citizens? According to the September 1 Manufacturing & Technology News, the Government Accounting Office has reported that over the course of the cakewalk war, the US military's use of small caliber ammunition has risen to 1.8 billion rounds. Think about that number. If there are 20,000 insurgents, it means US troops have fired 90,000 rounds at each insurgent. Very few have been hit. We don't know how many. To avoid the analogy with Vietnam, until last week the US military studiously avoided body counts. If 2,000 insurgents have been killed, each death required 900,000 rounds of ammunition. The combination of US government owned ammo plants and those of US commercial producers together cannot make bullets as fast as US troops are firing them. The Bush administration has had to turn to foreign producers such as Israel Military Industries. Think about that. Hollowed out US industry cannot produce enough ammunition to defeat a 20,000 man insurgency. US military analysts are beginning to wonder if the US has been defeated by the insurgency. Increasingly, Bush administration spokesmen sound like "Baghdad Bob." On September 19 the Washington Post reported that US military spinmeister Major General Rich Lynch declared "great success" against the insurgency that had just inflicted the worst casualties of the war, including a three-day mortar attack on the "safe" Green Zone. Anthony Cordesman, a military expert at the Center for Strategic and International Studies in Washington DC, says: "We can't secure the airport road, can't stop the incoming (mortar rounds) into the Green Zone, can't stop the killings and kidnappings." The insurgency controls most of Baghdad and the Suni provinces. With its judgement lost to frustration, the US military has 40,000 Iraqis in detention--twice the number of estimated insurgents. Who are these detainees? According to the Washington Post, "Many of the men detained in Tall Afar last week were rounded up on the advice of local teenagers who had stepped forward as informants, at times for what American soldiers said they suspected amounted to no more than settling local scores." Obviously, the US, not knowing who or where the insurgents are, is just striking blindly, creating a larger insurgency. The Iraq government, despite being backed by the US military, is unable to control movements across the Iraqi - Syrian border. So the Bush administration has passed the buck to Syria. Puny Syria is declared guilty of not doing what the US military cannot do. Adam Ereli, the demented US State Department spokesperson, denounced the Syrian government for "permitting" insurgents to cross the border. The US government cannot prevent a steady stream of one million Mexicans from illegally crossing its border each year, but Syria is supposed to be able to stop a couple hundred foreign fighters from sneaking across its border. Ereli misrepresents Syria's inability to be "an unwillingness" which indicates that Syria is consorting with terrorists, not only in Iraq, but also in Lebanon and Palestine. Does this sound like Syria being set up for invasion? According to news reports, at Ted Forstmann's annual meeting of movers and shakers last weekend, US Ambassador to Iraq, Zalmay Khalilzad, predicted that US troops will soon enter into Syria. Simultaneously, the Bush administration is desperately trying to orchestrate a case that it can use to attack Iran. Stalemated in Iraq, the White House moron intends to attack two more countries. At the Human Rights Conference on September 9, the former Prime Minister of Malaysia, Mahathir Mohamad, described Americans as "people with blood-soaked hands." "Who are the terrorists," asked Mahathir, the Iraqis or the Americans? The entire world is asking this question. _____ from rense.com http://www.rense.com/general67/neofas.htm

Note: http://www.rense.com/ge...

Comments

1. Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:59 am
    Forty thousand people! Stowed away like cattle because the USA don't trust them. If the reverse should occur the yanks would be using more equipment to release them then did the Brits to free two of their own. The 40,000 are encaged to give the Iraqi democracy. I pity the student when Americans are teaching them American freedom.

2. Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:24 am
    This is obviously written by a complete nimrod.

Attack beaver, where do you get your numbers?

When will canada do something, ANYTHING significant enough to inspire the people of America to sit around wringing their hands in jealousy and type about you?

Your country is the butt of world jokes. Your claim to fame is your proximity to America. lol.

3. Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:33 am
    Your Bill O'Reilly style defense is amusing, how is it obvious that it was written by a nimrod? Or is your lack of a real rebuttal the reason for your personal attack. I know it must hurt to realize that the guy you supported lied to your congress and people, made an ass of your admirable and once proud country to the world because of his non-truths and hostility. Then proceeded to ham it up for the photo-ops. Listen, canadians don't hate you. It's in our best interest for Americans to do well. We just can't sit and swallow the B.S. If all these things that make your president so corrupt and criminal weren't so documented, and the repercussions didn't affect the health, safety and well-being of the entire planet we would be arguing over something trivial like sports, or celebrity gossip...oooh that Brad Pitt!! but seriously, this affects EVERYBODY, nobody is debating your hyper-power status. Just wondering why or how the few can openly support a war criminal? Oh yeah, if we are the butt of jokes why do I catch Americans with maple leafs sewn on their packs when I go travelling the world? To keep you humble?? Oh yeah, I forgot!!

4. Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:38 am
    Right, a fomer Cabinet Minister. I don't suppose he would have any understanding of Political Matters.

All your Canada is lame little verbal terds are of no intrest to me. I'm providing information which you can use to inform yourself about reality. I know, I know you think that National Pride is an issue of personal power. I realize that its really not. I'm here because people need to wake up to the fact that both our countries (in fact our whole wester society) are being sold out from under us, and the major news media networks are complicit in this program, being owned by the same intrests.
    This is clear for all to see with just a little bit of interested investigation.

Sadly there will always be dicks like you on the payroll, trying to set up a smokescreen and incite animosity between friends. It doesn't matter how often I say I agree with the Constitution/Bill of Rights of the United States and admire the idealism because I share it. My ancestors fought to preserve this idea of Freedom in Europe in both world wars, both in the American and Canadian Millitaries.
    A large part of my extended family is American and I don't hold any childish mentalities regarding "my nation is so much better that yours"
    I certainly prefer where I live, but thats because I love the land its self so much. You seem to desire bringing discourse to the 3rd grade level, and revel in imagining that I am jealous, because I dont live in America. Well I don't rely on the government for anything. I can protect my self, and I know that living in a country a "powerful millitary" will not nescassarily keep me free from experiencing violence in my life. It is nice to know, that if I ever do get seriously injured in a car accident or something, I will not have to pay $30,000 in hospital fees out of my own pocket. I find that more comforting than the idea that the leader of my country, who ever that might be, has the ability to destroy most of the planet with nuclear weapons should he give the order. But then again, I'm not an insane power hungry physchophant.

5. by mk
    Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:05 pm
    "This is obviously written by a complete nimrod.

Attack beaver, where do you get your numbers? "

Shout first, ask questions later?

Why don't you
    1) re-read attack beaver's post (carefully this time, instead of prejudicially), and answer your own question
    2) follow the link to the source of the original article, and read the ACTUAL "nimrod's" bio and ironic pedigree. Well, I know you won't, so here:

"Paul Craig Roberts has held a number of academic appointments and has contributed to numerous scholarly publications. He served as Assistant Secretary of the Treasury in the Reagan administration. His graduate economics education was at the University of Virginia, the University of California at Berkeley, and Oxford University. He is coauthor of The Tyranny of Good Intentions. He can be reached at: paulcraigroberts@yahoo.com"

Way to shoot the messenger. Attack beaver, apparently we Canadians are so unworthy we are to be discouraged from comment even when it amounts to no more than direct citation of one of the chosen.

6. Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:07 pm
    The amount of ammunition used to hit one so called "enemy" is not surprising. Even after WW2, I've seen figures of anywhere from 30,000 to 100,000 rounds of small arms ammo used to hit somebody. That was mostly with the infantry using repeating rifles. Most of the Russians I've seen were using submachineguns that were good for making a lot of noise, but never hit anything. I'll never forget their tracers up in the branches of trees, showering us with debris. Their snipers were using 10 shot semiautomatics and they were deadly.

Today's infantry is using fully automatic weapons and hose everything with huge numbers of bullets that may, or may not hit anybody. I wouldn't be surpised about the 900,000 per casualty figure.

In WW2 our infantry carried 80 cartridges for their repeating rifles, we the snipers had to carry 140, of which we only used a handful.

War is the stupidest human action, there's nothing noble, or heroic about it and the sooner it bankrupts the human race the better. Having been on the losing side was the best thing that happened to me, as it opened up my eyes.

If wives and children would see how their loved ones die in wars, under the threads of tanks, accidents, and so on, they would scratch they eyes out of every politician who ever sends people to war. I was carrying amputees around in a MASH hospital for almost a year after the war. Most of them lost their legs to frostbite, mortars and accidents. Of the hundreds of wounded I've known hardly any were hit by small arms. The same is happening to both sides now in Iraq.

On the other hand, even in WW2 of the 65 million killed, the majority were civilians. Today the percentage is by far the worse, so the military could be the safest place to survive.
    Ed Deak, Big Lake, BC.

7. Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:41 pm
    Actually, due to the amount of protests and rallies set against the U.S., I would have to say that the U.S. is the butt of world jokes. Have many Americans seen a political cartoon about our country? I doubt it, but everyone, European, Asian, Middle East, South American, etc. has seen a George W. Bush cartoon.
    I think Canada has already done significant actions to inspire Americans, including the harboring of post-9/11 victims, and the aid we've sent to the Gulf Coast.

---
    Freedom is the right of all sentient beings

8. Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:06 am
    SNC Lavalin is one Canadian company that is profiting from its American neighbor's killing jaunt in Iraq. SNC won a large contract to manufacture bullets for the American army. Some Canadian civiliians protested but SNC Lavalin spokespersons claimed there is no way of knowing if those bullets are used in Iraq at all. We live in such a small world now, I'd say the probability that Canadian bullets are killing Iraqis is not only high but certain. <p>michou