Author Topic Options

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:30 am

Since when did American become a human rights category?

I can understand if someone takes malice at one's racial origin, music, sex, lifestyle, choice...but

Believe it or not...it's all right to hold individual Americans accountable in Canada IF they start some whining about how 'your Canadian comments' offend them.

Tell them that they are in your country and they might want to keep that American shit low...if they don't...cold cock them in a righteous blow of freedom.

Don't be suckered by floss...you have a right to your anger.

It would be dumb to link it, so I will just post my OP-Ed on whiny American ex-pats in Canada who still think they should get respect when they volunteer that they are 'originally' from America and they are offended by the term 'Nazi assholes'.

_______

I'm anti-American BTW!!!

(isn't it cute seeing right wing tools use PC victim shit -- they're philosophy has collapsed publicly, so they have to fall back on victimization just like the 'left' people they criticized 15 year ago -- as IF the REAL potential victims of US violence, sanction and invasion have to get some scorecard to figure out which American might be a good one...fuck...when I see the average American or even it's media cutting 'texture' to any dozen countries in the world (including Canada) that they ALL ENCOMPASSING sanctions against, that's the day I will consider the American to be anymore than a brainwashed dangerous idiot whose arrogance is matched only by his tolerance of war crime...I'll give the American about as much depth as the average American gives towards the world -- zero)

Anyone ever read 'The Sheep Look Up'? I think the aliens figured it out...

GFYS and the horse you rode in on, Carpetbaggin' scum...

Forum Super Elite

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:46 am

Yes, we HATE what America is doing, but that is perfectly understandable. Who agrees with torture, senseless wars of aggression, fake terrorism, etc? Hating the actions of America in no way is the same thing as hating Americans, otherwise, many of us Canadians would also have to hate ourselves for many of the same reasons because our phony government is going along for the same ride. Do we hate ourselves because less than 1/4 of the eligible vote went towards that neocon Harper, and much of the remainder went towards an alternative not much better than Harper?

As far as I'm concerned, after decades of idiots electing idiots into power, Canadian idiots are no better or worse than their American idiot counterparts.

Forum Elite

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:10 pm

rearguard,

Your post and the one above it by MrPrax neatly encapsulate the two types of attitudes towards Americans I see on Vive. I have no problem at all with yours. It's the other I find objectionable.

Forum Elite

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:11 pm

"Since when did American become a human rights category?"

Why is it any less valid than the others we currently operate under?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:58 pm

Ah, yes, the old divide and conquer technique. It seems to be the most popular technique used in mind-warfare, these days. Do we hate Americans? "We", like "all Canadians"? Americans, like "all Americans"? What kind of idiotic question is that?

Why even ask this question? It is a waste of time, designed to divert our attention from the real wrong-doers. How can 30 million persons hate 250 million other persons? It's just absurd. Canadians, American, French, British, Chinese, whatever, everyone should wake up and see this very simple truth:

No matter how many artificial divisions the wannabe-rulers-of-the-world create and how many lines we trace on a map, we are all people and we all live on the same planet. End of story.

"Canadian VS American" is as stupid as "Blacks VS Whites" or "Male VS Female" or "Right VS Left" or any other black-and-white-with-no-grey-in-the-middle divisions. Why would some waste time pondering the question "Do We Hate Americans?", let alone dedicate to it over one hundred comments of mostly inanities and flame-baiting is beyond me. Wake up, people! (And if not, I ask you kindly to at least flame each other through email or private messages, instead of filling up the comments section with your lack of intelligent discourse. Thanks a lot.)

The Sharp Wolf

"Racism is a vehicle not just to degrade one people, but to degrade all people, and to turn them into something much more like cattle or horses."
"The worst sin towards our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them; that is the essence of inhumanity." - George Bernard Shaw

Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:03 am

Let's give credit where it's due. I think some people should worry a little more
about their own American Government hating Americans, than Canadians hating
Americans.