Author Topic Options

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:39 am

To Anonymous, April 18th, 2005

It never surprises me that the most ill-informed ranters of all usually sign anonymous. I guess that's one way of avoiding ridicule.

Obviously what this person knows about Quebec could be written on the head of a pin. So everything else (he) wrote is bunk. Has he ever lived in Quebec or visited it? Somehow I think not.

One of the silliest oversights is that with Quebec out of the country we end up as East and West Pakistan. Does anyone remember that? Now they are two countries. The absolutely ideal condition for taking Canada apart would be to follow this person's advice. Divide and conquer anyone?

Why are you writing to Vive le Canada which is dedicated to saving Canada not aiding and abetting its destruction from within. A real problem we confront is a barrel-full of awful and deceitful politicians at the Federal and Provincial levels, almost none of whom are standing up for a unified and strong Canada. All those provincial rights people seem to forget that without a country these powers are meaningless. Some "deep integration" and consolidation of our own country would be the best way to fend off the grasping and greedy paw of Uncle Sam. Certainly this applies in spades to Quebec. But Alberta is almost as bad.

Meanwhile Mr. Anonymous, take Geopolitics 101 or at least buy a map of Canada and see what it would look like with a very large hole between Ontario and the Atlantic Provinces. You might get the picture. Pierre Trudeau, a great Canadian from Quebec, understood this perfectly. And God knows I miss him now.

(The guy I don't miss but can't forget is that Anglo-Quebecker Brian Mulroney, who also understood but sold us out anyway and got us into the mess we're in to-day. Hey we gave the guy a medal, for his "service" to Canada, instead of the Service to the American Empire Medal he should have got. I understand he's done very well with all his directorships on the boards of the global companies that are taking us over to-day.)

Jean Charest, who I once mistook for a real Canadian is a another disgrace. Not only has he caused massive internal dissension and polarization in Quebec with his right-wing agenda, which has played into the hands of the PQ, but now he also embraces "deep-integration" with the US. Another traitor, like his old mentor. You can almost excuse a Pequiste for wanting to break up Canada, that's their raison d'etre. But this guy was supposed to be a federalist. Another lying sack of detritus. I'd say get rid of him, but the Quebec electorate will do that soon enough and the PQ will be back. Merci infiniment Jean.

Since no provincial premier despite his leanings has the power to implement "deep integration", we are left with the real problem, which is our Federal Government. Let's put all our energies on stopping those hypocrites and double-dealers. What is happening there is nothing short of treason and if I fear anyone more than Martin on this issue, it's Harper.

We need an alternative to both of them, fast. Meanwhile, we must "out" them to the average Canadian so he or she will know what kind of people are taking us into the Valley of Death.

Paul Jonassen...of Ontario, Alberta, Quebec and BC,in that order, but most of all, Canada.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:52 am

A Michou,

Merci ma chere concitoyenne. Je suis d'accord avec vous. Mais c'est dommage que nous sommes obliger de partager cet espace avec des idiots, toujours anonoymes. Avez vous remarquez ca? Nous essayons de sauver quelque chose qui merite etre sauver. Le Quebec a fait un choix en 1774. Ceux de nous qui connaissent l'histoire savent bien que les deceptions suivaient. Mais nous sommes maintenant une societe beaucoup plus intelligente, tolerante et inclusive que nous etions, malgre les imbeciles comme "anonyme". Est-ce que nous pouvons esperer que notre province voisin, et part integrale de notre identite partagee, va faire un choix pareil dans cette crise qui nous confronte a ce moment? Autrement, nous serons tous vendus et perdus.

Now for you clowns who prefer Bush and the paranoid states of america to what we have here, can we buy you a one-way ticket to the place you love, so we can be rid of you, on the condition that you agree to never come back? The last thing we need here is you. Be brave, step across the line. Or as the Americans would say, "love it or leave it."

I too am dismayed by Canadian politics, but to suggest that it is more corrupt than the sham democracy of the US is laughable. Would you consider a 200 million dollar campaign of disinformation and character assassination, a democratic election? Go away. By the way anonymous, who the hell are you? Are you working for them? It sounds like it.

Paul Jonassen, fier d'etre canadien

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:24 am

North america will no doubt continue deep integration in the future. Everything we do as north americans contribute to this trend. A few people on this site are all worried, fretful but this will make little difference as the average Canadian could care less as long as we have our creature comforts. You mentioned leaving north america. Where would you go? Europe possibly, but they are already more deeply integrated then we are. Besides the EU is very doubtful of success. Talk about a hounds breakfast. Thats the EU. Your best bet is stay in north america but probably live in San Diego, New York, Toronto or Vancouver possibly. You will have greater opportunities. Relax and enjoy as you will do well. Remember folks that over 80% of exports and 45% of GDP is going into the US. Stop that and the employment could easily be 35%. If you think Canada has done well, stick with the team that got you there. And that kind hearts is the USA.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:37 am

I was just trying to make the point that we do not have god on our side. If you live in Ontario that government as well is the most untruthful government ever. Ontario coupled with the feds makes one ill. There are many wonderful things in the USA. To be a good Canadian one has to hate some one else it seems. Definite identity problem there. My American and Brit friends and relatives are rightfully proud of their countries and feel no need no belittle another country. Canadians do this to exhaustion and is wrong, embarrasing, counter productive and simply makes us look foolish. I love to go to US and Britain as much as possible to get away from some of this Canadian stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:19 pm

45%, only 20+% if you include the cross-border trade of goods before they are finished being manufactured.

You can say there is no stopping this but you are deluding yourself.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:05 pm

I'm saying that we are not stopping this nor would we want to. Unless one is suicidal.

Forum Elite

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:43 pm

<p>Anon wrote : <i>I love to go to US and Britain as much as possible to get away from some of this Canadian stuff. </i><p> You seem to depict Canadians as a paranoid and hateful bunch in your comment. That's the way I read it anyway. If we are so paranoid and hateful, at the very least we haven't lately participated in pre-empted wars, we did not support the missile defense shield program and we have (yet) no Patriot Act. Maybe we're not as fearful as some make us to be. (Oh....and some of us even speak French. Mais oui. )<p>---<br>« Il y a une belle, une terrible rationalité dans la décision d'être libre. » - Gérard Bergeron <br />

« Il y a une belle, une terrible rationalité dans la décision d´être libre. » - Gérard Bergeron

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:43 pm

We also didn't help in Africa to prevent killings according to General Dellaire. The response from Canada to the general is "we don't do Africa". Weak response to the Iranians over murdering Canadian. Twenty years to investigate the Air India bombing and do nothing. We suck up to the UN which is a total disgrace. All I'm saying is that we do nothing in the world and make it a virtue. I mentioned to a friend in the UK that we are generally not minded by most in the world. His response was that
"everyone likes a puppy. We are cute but ineffective".

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:51 pm

WE--michou is a Canadian. AHHH. At last.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:20 am

I find these last two anti-semitic tracks disturbing, I hope the good people on ViveleCanada remove them ASAP as they bring a pressing issue down to the level of irrational religious hatred, miss out on the real causes of this danger -governbment in the service of corporatism- and harms the credibility of this good site. The progressive left cannot work with the reactionary right.

Forum Elite

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:04 am

<p>I'd rather we do nothing to the world than make it worse by virtue of our good intentions.<p> Charest obviously has only good intentions for Québec...<p>---<br>« Il y a une belle, une terrible rationalité dans la décision d'être libre. » - Gérard Bergeron <br />

« Il y a une belle, une terrible rationalité dans la décision d´être libre. » - Gérard Bergeron

Forum Elite

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:12 am

<p>Don't get your hopes too high. I will be Canadian until the day I can send in my application for a Québec passport. But when I travel, I always put on a Québec pin and I am so well received everywhere I go... ;)<p>---<br>« Il y a une belle, une terrible rationalité dans la décision d'être libre. » - Gérard Bergeron <br />

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:41 am

"I will be Canadian until the day I can send in my application for a Québec passport. But when I travel, I always put on a Québec pin and I am so well received everywhere I go... ;)"

...like The Ivory Coast???

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:32 am

I'm sorry Anon, I will not do that. I love Canada and I like the USA and Mexico but if deep integration comes one day, I feel it is best for me to move to another country outside of North America. I will probably move to the UK. Even now I do not feel I belong here. I enjoy all cultures and ways of life but I like the European, Japanese, and Chinese cultures the most. Canadian, American, and Mexican culture is nice, don't get me wrong there. I hope if deep integration happens that all three countries of North America keep their individual cultures.

---
Alliance Atlantis: A Canadian Film Distribution Company
Star Wars: Episode III May 2005
"A person who walks in someone elses footprints leaves no footprints."

"A person who walks in someone elses footprints leaves no footprints." Chinese Proverb

Vive Moderator

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:05 pm

Posts furthering this line of thought that did cross the line have been removed. The ones left are only looking over the edge . . .see the forumns.

---
"If you must kill a man, it costs you nothing to be polite about it." Winston Churchill

Take the Kama Sutra. How many people died from the Kama Sutra as opposed to the Bible? - Frank Zappa