Author Topic Options

Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:28 pm

<strong>Written By:</strong> whelan costen
<strong>Date:</strong> 2005-04-26 19:28:00
<a href="/article/192807426-quebec-separation-risk-for-new-hospital">Article Link</a>

"aaaah and the whisper of thousands of tiny voices became a mighty deafening roar and they called it 'freedom'!"' Canadians Acting Humanely at home & everywhere

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:42 pm

Let 'em go, we don't them or the Americans.

Forum Junkie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:17 pm

What a stupid reason for moving the hospital.

Vive Moderator

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:29 pm

Why? That was a condition of the hospital, that it must be in Canada. If Montreal at some time may be no longer in Canada, does it not make sense that building there may be a bad idea?

And that the land in Montreal is contaminated and will take a great deal of time and money to clean up.

---
"If you must kill a man, it costs you nothing to be polite about it." Winston Churchill

Take the Kama Sutra. How many people died from the Kama Sutra as opposed to the Bible? - Frank Zappa

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:12 pm

Come on, let's get real! Quebec won't separate! they just bluff to get more money from the feds. And besides, Ottawa is not in Quebec, so they could build the hospital in Ottawa.

---
Per aspera ad astra

Per aspera ad astra

Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:53 pm

Well, if it is bluffing, the bluffing has cost them a new hospital. It's the old fear factor again.

---
If I stand for my country today...will my country be here to stand for me tomorrow?

"aaaah and the whisper of thousands of tiny voices became a mighty deafening roar and they called it 'freedom'!"' Canadians Acting Humanely at home & everywhere

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:30 am

Can somebody tell me why the separatists aren't arrested as traitors? I'm not trying to flame here or be a troll, but I really can't understand why Canada permits traitors. They're funded by federal money too, aren't they? See, that's not being broad and open-minded, that's being stupid. That's like America funding terrorists who only want to kill Americans. Oh wait, they do that too. What a stupid continent.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:06 am

For the same reason you're not arrested for your senseless trolling.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:13 am

An American organization funding a hospital somewhere in Canada...*sigh*...that goddamed "deep integration" thing again...rearing it's ugly head...why can't we ship them back their money and their hospital too? We don't need any of their integration HERE by God! Freakin' Shriners anyway..just who do they think they are giving us hospitals and money to operate them? Evil bastard Americans...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:57 am

<P>The <A HREF="http://www.shrinershq.org/shrine/welcome.html">Shrine</A> was founded in 1872 by a group of 13 men belonging to the <A TITLE="Information about Freemasonry" HREF="http://www.shrinershq.org/shrine/affmason.html#freemason">Masonic Order</A>. It was originally established to provide fun and fellowship for its members. But as the organization grew, its members decided to dedicate their efforts to helping others by establishing an official Shrine philanthropy — a network of specialized hospitals that have provided expert medical care to more than 700,000 children, free of charge. </P> <P>Since the first Shriners Hospital opened in 1922, the Shrine has supported what has come to be known as the "World's Greatest Philanthropy." The Shrine and its 22 hospitals, while maintaining separate legal and financial identities, are linked through the Shrine's continuing support of Shriners Hospitals. </P> <P>The best known symbol of Shrinedom is the distinctive red fez that Shriners wear at official functions. Because Shriners are men who enjoy life, fun is a large part of the Shrine and the activities that help support the Shrine's philanthropy. Most Shrine Temples sponsor Shrine Clubs and special units, such as the motor corps, band or clown units and many other units of interest. They share in the camaraderie, deep friendships and good fellowship that are all part of being a Shriner. </P>

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:13 am

Knee-Jerk Anti-Americanism again *SIGH*

Don't get me wrong I'm not on the integration bandwagon, no more than you are, but honestly calling the Shriners bastards? Grow up. Those innocent old sods with the little red Shriner caps driving in wee little cars are what make a parade a parade.

Back on topic. I don't understand what the big deal is? Quebec may vote to seperate in the future, but Montreal never will. That's assuming English Canada gets involved and that the federal government will get its act together. That's a big if though. So who knows, the separatists might get lucky?

---
"I pick the bones of what's been done. I'm the revolution when the door is shut. I bite the hand that slaps me senseless. I am far too Canadian" -SotW

"All great truths begin as blasphemies" - George Bernard Shaw

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:33 am

In case there is any doubt about Quebec's attitude towards Canada, here it is, straight from the horse's mouth:

"Bloc Québécois Leader Gilles Duceppe said Wednesday that his party could not support the Liberal-NDP deal. 'If it's good for Quebec, we'll support it. If it's not good for Quebec, we won't support it. The Layton-Martin deal is not good for Quebec.'"

No mention of what is best for Canada. None. Any other questions?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:06 pm

You thought the BLOC was about Canada?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:28 pm

No of course, Stephen Harper is much better for Quebec Mr. Duceppe. Maybe he wants Canada to break up--Harper is the better choice then.

--Perturbed.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:43 pm

Well, I had hopes.