Author Topic Options

Forum Junkie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:41 am

<strong>Written By:</strong> 4Canada
<strong>Date:</strong> 2005-09-11 09:41:26
<a href="/article/94126242-suspected-terrorist-discribes-ordeal">Article Link</a>

There is no justice in holding persons with evidence that cannot be labeled as an exhibit. There is no justice in hearsay. Under these conditions every one of us should be in jail--which renders such certificates redundant!
--4Canada/4Revolution

by Colin Perkel, Canadian Press
Toronto — A suspected terrorist from Egypt fought back tears Friday as he described the emotional toll of spending four years in jail in Canada while authorities review whether he's a threat to national security.

Mahmoud Jaballah, 43, accused his jailers of treating him like a dog in a cage as he pleaded with a Federal Court judge to release him on bail pending that decision.

“They don't put an animal in a cage like me,” the father of six testified. “Why they treat me like that? No mercy. Where is the mercy?”

Mr. Jaballah, who was arrested in August 2001, is being held in a remand centre as a suspected terrorist while Federal Court takes another look at the national security certificate under which he is being detained.

<a href="http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20050909.wegyptian0909/BNStory/National/">http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20050909.wegyptian0909/BNStory/National/</a>

[Proofreader's note: this article was edited for spelling and typos on September 11, 2005]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:40 pm

Shows just how stupid CSIS is.Can't find out if this guy is a threat in 4 years?

Forum Elite

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:17 pm

These people are jailed without charges and then when they're trying to find out why, as in the Arrar case, what the charges are, the reply is that they can not be divulged for reasons of "national security". As the Crown lawyer himself states here, that people would be surprised about the man's connections, but doesn't say who the people, or what the connections, or charges are ?

Reminds me of the time when I was sentenced to death by the nazis at 18 and later by the communists to the gulags, without any trials. Never thought I would see the day such things could happen in Canada, but then, now we have the neocon ideology and the neoclassical theory ruling all over the world, called the "competitive equilibrium of the globalized marketplace", "unstoppable" according to Mr.Martin, where people become commodities, in the interest of "harmonization with our friends and trading partners" and bought and sold like cattle. Ed Deak, Big Lake, BC.