Author Topic Options

Forum Elite

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:51 pm

Ooooh I am soooo offended, I must now threaten your life and burn down your embassy :P

Nice try though, now answer my question: what precisely is so offensive about the cartoon I specified?

Heck, I'll even make it easier for you: did you even look at ANY of the cartoons in question?

A simple yes/no question shouldn't be too much of a strain for you.

Regarding being a judge, tell me oh wise on, who made you a judge over me? Perhaps you should consult your local mullah for guidance.

as for being left with nothing, I submit that you are just another brainiac wannabee who cannot understand why everyone else in your little universe can't be the same brand of outstanding "sheeple" that you are.

Dea-Con?

Wow, did you think that up all by yourself or did you have help?

btw I detest neo-cons, just another pack of rabid fascists (much like pro-violence mullahs and their ilk).

btw: refering to people who make valid points by calling them "Mr. Lick-where-I-shit" will really make you a lot of friends. Calling anyone, even someone who I personally do not know (such as was the case in this thread),derogatory names like that inspires great respect in me towards you.

The only thing owned here, my dear Diogenes, is you.

Most people would prefer a comforting lie over a painful truth.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:06 pm

To Stoutlimb:

I am confused by your references to my patriotism, or lack thereof. As for your closing sentence, I have always considered the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.

I have no quarrel with the idea of debate, on any subject. Indeed, I am all for it or I wouldn't be posting my opinions in places where people can freely take shots at me. But with respect to the purpose behind publishing those cartoons, I respectfully disagree: I do not believe Jyllands-Posten had any interest in sparking debate, they were intending to inflame hatred. And that was their ONLY purpose.

Of course the response of the Muslim world is disproportionate to the offense ... my whole point is that should have been foreseen, and avoided. That isn't cowardice, it's common sense. Why would anyone poke a sleeping cobra with a stick?

Paul Harris

Forum Elite

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:07 pm

Controversy is the one thing that shows/exposes people for what they really are.

Some are reasonable, some are not.

Some consider the matter for themselves, some allow others to think for them

Some look for their own answers, others swallow that which they are told without question.

A debate over what is offensive will rip the whitewash off of anyone trying to hide their true colours.

I say we need more of it.

Forum Elite

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:20 pm

Paul, if their attempt to inflame hatred was obvious, then why are so many rising to the bait?

Someone is making great political hay over this non-issue.

As I have said before: this entire incident should have been left to die in the obscurity it deserves.

Now the President of Iran, quite arguably now the most dangerous Muslim of earth wants to start building bombs.

"Would he go to war over cartoons?" now becomes a valid question.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:33 pm

Dr. Caleb->
"I'm glad you pointed that out, 'cause I was going to. Iranian papers are calling the west 'hypocritical' and 'racist' because we don't make jokes about the Holocaust. Ummm, perhaps because there isn't anything funny about it? We don't make jokes about the bombing of Pearl Harbour or Siege of Stalingrad or starvation of China under Japanese occupation ethier."

Oh, so it's funny when it's making fun of Arabs, but it's not funny when it's making fun of the holocaust, Pearl Harbour, etc..? What, pray tell, is the difference? I see... if it's funny to you, then it's funny. I get it.
By the way, why is it illegal to even question the number of deaths during the holocaust?

Rico AB.

CKA Elite

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:58 pm

as difficult as it is for you to grasp Deacon, offense hass been taken by MuslimsThat is the issue
How you or I veiw it is irrelevant

"btw: refering to people who make valid points by calling them "Mr. Lick-where-I-shit" will really make you a lot of friends. Calling anyone, even someone who I personally do not know (such as was the case in this thread),derogatory names like that inspires great respect in me towards you."

Really ??

I AM glad you see it that way!
because Deacon, old bean , Those are the words of Dr Caleb!

I LOVE buffoons like you!

OH! and btw, Your question is as simple as it's asker

---
Nothing in this World makes People so Afraid as the Influence of an Independant Minded Individual.
Attrib. Al Einstien

"When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do."

William Blake

"To acquire knowledge, one must study;
but to acquire wisdom, one must observe."

Forum Super Elite

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:06 pm

If the US government was calling Canada part of the 'Axis of Evil' and spewing continuous threatening words, I`d want to build a few bombs too. But really, where`s the proof that Iran is building nuclear weapons? Last I checked, they only wanted civillian nuclear electric power. The real problem with Iran, is their development of the Tehran oil bourse trading in Euros, which threatens US dollar supremacy. But on the topic of religion, I`ll say this (and likely offend some, too) : All religions are bogus! We don`t know who God is, or if there`s more than one God, or even if there are Gods at all. Judaism, Christian, Muslim, Buddhism, its all bull! Once again, I think problems like this stem from the fact that so many are not educated, thanks to economic disparities. If some don`t have much of a life, and all they have to cling to is some religion, and that religion is slammed, for sure you can expect a reaction.

---
Dave Ruston

Dave Ruston

Forum Elite

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:19 pm

We no longer see African-Americans portraid as watermellon adicted nor to talk in illiterate english. The Jew-Jokes are no longer tolerated and yes "Politicaly Correct" is considered to have derived from wisdom. At any time, why would anyone consider an insulting carton "freedom of speech"?

Expect little from life and get more from it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:26 pm

>>what's wrong with posting controversial subjects?<<<br />
<br />
In most cases of intellectual debate nothing, as long as there is a purpose or point to make in context. <br />
<br />
Political cartoons are posted for entertainment first and foremost.<br />
<br />
The vast majority of the population of Canada would not and do not think Ernst Zündel beliefs, cartoons etc. as entertainment or editorial satire of intellectual debate as well as being illegal in this country of Canada as encouraging hate and discrimination. <br />
<br />
<a href="http://www.nizkor.org/hweb/people/z/zundel-ernst/">http://www.nizkor.org/hweb/people/z/zundel-ernst/</a><br />
<br />
Freedom of speech has its limitations in a free society as deemed and supported by the Free and Democratic Nations of this World as well as the Supreme Court of Canada.<br />
<br />
<p>---<br>Perception is two thirds of what we perceive reality to be.<br />
<br />
Difficult decisions are a privilege of rank.<br />

Vive Moderator

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:40 pm

Where did I say I found those 'Muhammed' cartoons funny? You know, the ones I said I haven't looked at. . .

---
"I think it's important to always carry enough technology to restart civilization, should it be necessary." Mark Tilden

Take the Kama Sutra. How many people died from the Kama Sutra as opposed to the Bible? - Frank Zappa

Vive Moderator

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:46 pm

"why would anyone consider an insulting carton "freedom of speech"?

Why can't they be both? I can cite Howard Stern as an example.

---
"I think it's important to always carry enough technology to restart civilization, should it be necessary." Mark Tilden

Take the Kama Sutra. How many people died from the Kama Sutra as opposed to the Bible? - Frank Zappa

Vive Moderator

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:55 pm

"because Deacon, old bean , Those are the words of Dr Caleb!"

Indeed they were, in a fit of anger. I see you were man enough to accept my apology . .oh, wait.

No, I guess you weren't. Looks like I wasn't wrong about you. Nethier is Deacon.

---

CKA Elite

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:29 pm

Apology??
OK and where exatly is this apology?
trot it out and the sanction I was told you recieved for saying it.
As I recall You claimed those words to mild while you where in this "fit of anger"

Yup! you are Right! wink,wink.
I love you guys that excuse bad behaviour while admitting to raw anger.

---
Nothing in this World makes People so Afraid as the Influence of an Independant Minded Individual.
Attrib. Al Einstien

"When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do."

William Blake

"To acquire knowledge, one must study;
but to acquire wisdom, one must observe."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:29 pm

The reason behind the continued attention these cartoons have received was made clear tonight when Condoleezza Rice, the US National Security Advisor, made an announcement calling Iran and Syria the source of the violence about these cartoons and calling on the world to take Iran and Syria to task for it.

Are the trying to build support for the next invansion?

Why don't we see Christians picketing Blockbuster Video for carrying the many Monty Python spoofs on Christianity... Cause it wouldn't further the neocons objectives of invading Iran and Syria.

Look at the bigger picture....

---
--Snowdog

Forum Elite

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:03 pm

Why can't they be both? I can cite Howard Stern as an example.<

An example of what? Stern has the right to be insulting but networks and listeners have the right to turn him off. These cartoons have been pushed to the extreme by the media and protestors alike. Perhaps if Howard had his own newspaper, his insults would be more publicized. As far as the Muslims goes today is like standing near gasoline with the choice to flick the Bic or NOT. Only a fool would tell the crowd standing there with him, it's their right to make the choice.

Expect little from life and get more from it.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5 ... 8  Next