Author Topic Options

CKA Elite

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:58 pm

Mary, Mary Quite contrary how ‘Does’ your garden grow?

Unprovoked now is it?
Are you so blind and stubborn to not see that you uncalled for little rant about things you are ignorant of, tag line signatures, IS the provocation?
You wilfully attacked every poster that chooses to use a signature and then have the unmitigated gall to make false claim s about unprovoked attacks towards you.

Un-freakin-Believable!

Rather than playing the victim you rightly ought to apologise to all those YOU attacked out of ignorance, Ignorance that obviously extends to where responses are to be placed. It in not only a function of time it is also a function of placement in responding. You created confusion by entering into the fray in the wrong location. (quite distracting too, really)

Deep Integration Planned at Secret Conference Ignored by the Media
Authored by: TexasLady on Friday, September 22 2006 @ 11:02 AM MDT

Authored by: Diogenes on Friday, September 22 2006 @ 12:22 PM MDT

Authored by: BC Mary on Friday, September 22 2006 @ 01:29 PM MDT

Authored by: Dr Caleb on Friday, September 22 2006 @ 01:34 PM MDT
So, welcoming a new member with like goals is dysfunctional?

Mary Mary Mary kindly look at the time of these posts. You might want to re-think your claim, “I think you read the wrong post. Mine had nothing whatever to do with
Texas Lady. Was written prior to hers.”
Prior does mean before as I recall, does it not.

Yup my spelling is often wrong as is my punctuation But get this and get it well! My powers of observation and reasoning leave you in the dust
So suck it up and move on
Or keep giving me ammunition by which , and solemnly promise this, to ridicule you with.
I have said before ‘You are recognised as a freedom fighter” and for that we all benefit.

Respectfully, Diogenes (of the syndrome) ;-)

---

A mind is a fire to be kindled, not a vessel to be filled.
Plutarch

I want either less corruption or more chance to participate in it. – Ashleigh Br

"When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do."

William Blake

"To acquire knowledge, one must study;
but to acquire wisdom, one must observe."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:21 pm

My recent paper, <b>Toward a North American Union</b>, gives some important background on the creation of the NAU. You can find it here...<br><br> http://www.augustreview.com/index.php?module=pagesetter&func=viewpub&tid=4&pid=14 <br><br> Patrick Wood, Editor<br> The August Review

Forum Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:11 pm

Welcome to Vive Patrick, <a href="http://www.augustreview.com/index.php?module=pagesetter&func=viewpub&tid=4&pid=14">your paper</a> is excellent, thanks for contributing it for consideration.<p>---<br><br />
"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."<br />
(Albert Einstein)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:59 pm

In an earlier post 4Canada had a link to an article by Maude Barlow. Here's a quote from it, talking about the business community:
" In June this year, their power was formalized when our governments created the North American Competitiveness Council (NACC), an advisory committee comprised of representatives from the largest corporations in North America including Wal-Mart, Chevron, General Motors, Lockheed Martin, Suncor and others."

Later in the article Maude says:
Lockheed Martin's Ron Covais's statement to Maclean's magazine earlier this month about the role of the NACC was quite revealing:
The guidance from the ministers was, "tell us what we need to do and we'll make it happen."

That is, ministers of the government are asking business to tell them what to do!. Can't get any plainer than that.

According to Wikipedia the NACC has ten business leaders from each of Canada, Mexico and the USA. Nine of the ten Canadians are members of the CCCE.

No reponse yet from the newspapers about the meeting in Banff. I found out that the Ottawa Citizen and the Nat. Post have the same local tel. number for their customer service. They've been joined at the hip (lip?) ever since the reign of Lord Black.

Frank

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:36 am

Yes, a long read but very clearly articulated, well worth reading.

---
When you are up to your ass in alligators it is difficult to remember that the initial objective was to drain the swamp

When you are up to your ass in alligators it is difficult to remember that the initial objective was to drain the swamp

Forum Elite

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:46 am

One of the constantly repeated demands of the so called "individualist, free enterprise right wing", is to run governments in a businesslike manner. Which means, big business, of course.

Now, what we have to remember is that big business is built on fraud, secrecy, lies to the public and their employees, false advertising to sell garbage, with decisions made by the artificial entities of corporate shares controlled by a small power elite with the sole intention to steal more , etc.

This is what they want to and are bringing into government.

In short, the real name of government by big business is fascism and a Soviet type collectivization of power.

As far NAWAPA is concerned, the nazis had a similar plan to drain the Mediterranian sea, turn the rivers around and create a huge freshwater lake in the middle of Africa.

The Soviets had a similar plan for Siberia.

In other words: Great minds think alike.

Ed Deak, Big Lake, BC.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:13 pm

Was there any mention of U.S. Ambassador to Canada, David Wilkins, being there? I don't think I saw his name on the list. Just asking because he was in B.C on the 19th.<br />
<a href="http://biz.yahoo.com/ccn/060919/200609190348061001.html?.v=1">http://biz.yahoo.com/ccn/060919/200609190348061001.html?.v=1</a><p>---<br>These days, if you are not confused, you are not thinking clearly. Mrs. Irene Peters

These days, if you are not confused, you are not thinking clearly. Mrs. Irene Peters

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:53 am

I wouldn't blame the media for this one. I'm a news writer at a student paper and I didn't hear anything about this until today. There was nothing in my usual channels, nor did my editor get anything about it. They kept this totally hush-hush; had they made even the most meagre attempt to inform the public about this, I would've heard about it.

The choice of Banff is interesting. I think it is much more likely the media would've jumped on it had it been in Calgary.

---
Ændrew Rininsland

Ændrew Rininsland

Forum Junkie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:13 am

It is a good paper and I borrowed this list too:<br />
<a href="http://www.augustreview.com/">http://www.augustreview.com/</a><br />
<br />
HOW TO UNDERSTAND GLOBALIZATION <br />
<br />
1. Follow the money, follow the power <br />
2. Discern illusion from reality, especially with media outlets<br />
3. Listen to experts who offer a meaningful critique <br />
4. Study & verify sources and footnotes <br />
4. Apply liberal doses of common sense <br />
<br />
What is Globalization? It is the collective effect of purposeful and amoral manipulation that seeks to centralize economic, political, technological and societal forces in order to accrue maximum profit and political power to global banks, global corporations and the elitists who run them.<br />
<br />
"Free Trade" is the central mantra. Globalization is set against national sovereignty, closed borders, trade tarrifs and anything that would restrict its goals and methods used to achieve them. <br />
<br />
Globalization promotes regional and global government, a one-world economic system of trade and a form of fascism where global corporations and their elite control the policies and directives of individual governments. <br />
<br />
The original and primary perpetrators of modern-day globalization number only in the 100's, representative of which, but not exclusively, are members of The Trilateral Commission.<br />
<br />
<br />
The Trilateral Commission<br />
<br />
<a href="http://www.geocities.com/benribqqq/trilateral2005.html">http://www.geocities.com/benribqqq/trilateral2005.html</a> <br />
<br />
September 2005<br />
<br />
*Executive Committee<br />
<br />
<br />
THOMAS S. FOLEY PETER SUTHERLAND YOTARO KOBAYASHI<br />
<br />
North American Chairman European Chairman Pacific Asia Chairman<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
ALLAN E. GOTLIEB HERVÉ DE CARMOY KIM KYUNG-WON<br />
<br />
North American European Pacific Asia<br />
<br />
Deputy Chairman Deputy Chairman Deputy Chairman<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
LORENZO H. ZAMBRANO ANDRZEJ OLECHOWSKI SHIJURO OGATA<br />
<br />
North American European Pacific Asia<br />
<br />
Deputy Chairman Deputy Chairman Deputy Chairman<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
DAVID ROCKEFELLER<br />
<br />
Founder and Honorary Chairman<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
PAUL A. VOLCKER GEORGES BERTHOIN OTTO GRAF LAMBSDORFF<br />
<br />
North American Honorary Chairman European Honorary Chairman European Honorary Chairman<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
***<br />
<br />
MICHAEL J. O'NEIL PAUL RÉVAY TADASHI YAMAMOTO <br />
<br />
North American Director European Director Pacific Asia Director<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
European Group<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Paul Adams, Chief Executive, British American Tobacco, London<br />
<br />
Urban Ahlin, Member of the Swedish Parliament and Chairman of the Committee on Foreign Affairs, Stockholm<br />
<br />
Krister Ahlström, Vice Chairman, Stora Enso and Fortum; former Chairman, Finnish Employers Confederation; former Chairman, Ahlström Corp., Helsinki<br />
<br />
Edmond Alphandéry, Chairman, Caisse Nationale de Prévoyance, Paris; former Chairman, Electricité de France (EDF); former Minister of the Economy and Finance<br />
<br />
Bodil Nyboe Andersen, Chairperson of the Board of Governors, Danmarks Nationalbank, Copenhagen<br />
<br />
Jacques Andréani, Ambassadeur de France; former Ambassador to the United States<br />
<br />
*Stelios Argyros, Chairman and Managing Director, Preveza Mills, Athens; former Member of the European Parliament; Chairman of the Board, STET Hellas; former Vice President of UNICE, Brussels; former President and Chairman of the Board of the Federation of Greek Industries, Athens<br />
<br />
Jerzy Baczynski, Editor-in-Chief, Polityka, Warsaw<br />
<br />
Estela Barbot, Vice President, AGA, Porto; Vice President of the Board, AEP -- Portuguese Business Association; Consul of Guatemala, Lisbon<br />
<br />
*Erik Belfrage, Senior Vice President, Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken; Director, Investor AB, Stockholm<br />
<br />
*Georges Berthoin, International Honorary Chairman, European Movement; Honorary Chairman, The Jean Monnet Association; Honorary European Chairman, The Trilateral Commission, Paris<br />
<br />
Nicolas Beytout, Editor, Le Figaro, Paris ; former Editor, Les Echos, Paris<br />
<br />
Carl Bildt, Chairman, Nordic Venture Network and Senior Adviser, IT Provider, Stockholm; former Member of the Swedish Parliament, Chairman of the Moderate Party and Prime Minister of Sweden; former European Union High Representative in Bosnia-Herzegovina & UN Special Envoy to the Balkans<br />
<br />
Lord Black of Crossharbour, Member of the House of Lords, London<br />
<br />
Ana Patricia Botin, Chairman, Banesto, Madrid; Member of the Board & of the Executive Committee, Banco Santander Central Hispano <br />
<br />
Jean-Louis Bourlanges, Member of the European Parliament (ALDE Group/UDF) and Chairman, Committee on Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs, Brussels; former President of the European Movement in France, Paris<br />
<br />
*Jorge Braga de Macedo, President, Tropical Research Institute, Lisbon; Special Advisor to the Secretary General, Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), Paris; Professor of Economics, Nova University at Lisbon; Chairman, Forum Portugal Global; former Minister of Finance<br />
<br />
Lord Brittan of Spennithorne, Vice Chairman, UBS Investment Bank, London; former Vice President, European Commission<br />
<br />
Robin Buchanan, Senior Partner, Bain & Company, London<br />
<br />
*François Bujon de l'Estang, Ambassadeur de France; Chairman, Citigroup France, Paris; former Ambassador to the United States<br />
<br />
Sven Burmester, Writer and Explorer, Denmark; former Representative, United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), Beijing; former World Bank Deputy Secretary and Representative in Cairo<br />
<br />
Richard Burrows, Joint Managing Director, Pernod Ricard, Paris; Chairman and Chief Executive, Irish Distillers, Dublin; Deputy Governor of the Bank of Ireland; former President, IBEC (The Irish Business and Employers Confederation)<br />
<br />
*Hervé de Carmoy, Chairman, Almatis, Frankfurt-am-Main; former Partner, Rhône Group, New York & Paris; Honorary Chairman, Banque Industrielle et Mobilière Privée, Paris; former Chief Executive, Société Générale de Belgique<br />
<br />
Antonio Carrapatoso, Chairman of the Board of Directors, Vodafone Portugal, Lisbon; Member of the Board of Directors, Vodafone Spain & Vodacom<br />
<br />
<p>---<br>"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." Friedrich Nietzsche<br />

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:55 am

This story was published yesterday:<br />
<br />
Protesters gather at hotel<br />
following secret forum<br />
<br />
By Aaron Paton<br />
Banff Crag & Canyon staff<br />
A handful of protesters gathered in front of the Fairmont Banff<br />
Springs Hotel Monday to show their disapproval of a secret forum held<br />
earlier in the month in Banff that featured politicians, business<br />
elite, top military generals and weapons manufacturers from Canada,<br />
Mexico and the United States.<br />
The protest came almost two weeks after The North American Forum was<br />
held at the Springs from Sept. 12 to 14. and drew a crowd of about 10<br />
protesters, some bearing signs like "we want our country back" and<br />
"lost liberty hotel."<br />
The spark of protest was ignited when former National Party leader Mel<br />
Hurtig posted news of the meeting on the Internet as it was happening.<br />
He has also provided the media with a schedule and a list of attendees<br />
dated Aug. 31. Canadians on the list include federal Public Safety<br />
Minister Stockwell Day, former Alberta premier Peter Lougheed, Admiral<br />
Roger Girouard (Commander Joint Task Force Pacific, Cdn. Forces),<br />
Alberta Minister of Energy Greg Melchin and Roger Gibbons of the<br />
Canada West Foundation.<br />
Former Green Party candidate Chris Foote was appalled that Banffites<br />
had been denied what he said was their right to protest during the<br />
event and that the media had ignored the issue.<br />
"What they're really talking about is making one unified North<br />
America," Foote said. "It's highly unpopular in all three countries<br />
and that's why they're trying to keep it a secret. The business<br />
community and (politicians) want to push this through and they don't<br />
want anyone to know about it."<br />
Apart from local Bow Valley newspapers, coverage of the event in<br />
English has come mostly from bloggers and online news sources, CBC<br />
radio and an article written by Council of Canadians national<br />
chairperson and activist Maude Barlow in the Calgary Herald and the<br />
Toronto Star. The story appeared in large Mexican daily newspapers<br />
like La Opcion in Chihuahua and La Jornada in Mexico City this week,<br />
after coverage appeared first in last week's Crag.<br />
Local activist Aaron Doncaster said the forum is a serious issue that<br />
should be addressed more thoroughly in the Canadian media.<br />
"It's not necessarily about taking out the borders, but it's about<br />
blurring them until they're irrelevant," Doncaster said.<br />
He added that if people aren't informed of meetings like the forum<br />
they will be voting for a government that lacks transparency and<br />
accountability.<br />
"They will vote for a government and they don't know what these guys<br />
are up to," Doncaster said. "That's not right. If you lose that<br />
knowledge then you've lost democracy completely."<br />
Banff RCMP took pictures as protesters spoke with passersby at the bus<br />
stop in front of the hotel. They didn't take kindly to being<br />
photographed.<br />
"What are you doing here and why are you taking my photo?" Doncaster<br />
asked police. "Will this be used against me later?"<br />
He accused the RCMP of gathering intelligence on protesters and<br />
activists, something he considers a violation of his privacy. The<br />
officers responded by saying that they were "just doing their jobs."<br />
"They have files on everyone from the United Church to peace activists<br />
and the Raging Grannies," Doncaster said. "That's part of the reason<br />
why people don't want to protest… It's bullying."<br />
A hotel worker at the protest who said they were working during the<br />
forum said that U.S. Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff General<br />
Peter Pace, instead of U.S. Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, gave a<br />
speech on military co-operation.<br />
Rumsfeld was scheduled to do a speech entitled Opportunities for<br />
Security Co-operation in North America — Military-to-military<br />
co-operation, according to Hurtig's information provided to media.<br />
Pace's name did not appear on a list of scheduled attendees that was<br />
leaked to the Crag soon after the meeting and is now widely available<br />
on the Internet or on <a href="http://www.wikipedia.org">www.wikipedia.org</a>.<br />
"The atmosphere was really tense," the employee said. "There were a<br />
lot of people there and there were secret service agents walking<br />
around the back of the room.<br />
"(General Pace) came in and walked around the room meeting all the<br />
right people, he got up to do his speech, said what he had to say and<br />
they moved on to the next meeting."<br />
The employee added that there was nothing particularly sinister about<br />
what was said at the forum but admitted to not paying close enough<br />
attention.<br />
"To me it sounded like all that shit you hear them saying on the<br />
news," the employee said. "I didn't really realize the gravity of the<br />
situation at the time."<br />
Fairmont Banff Springs spokesperson Lori Grant said the hotel<br />
appreciated the peaceful nature of the protest.<br />
The office of Stockwell Day said that it does not comment on the<br />
private meeting and would not say if the public safety minister<br />
attended the forum.<br />
The Banff RCMP did not return phone calls.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:27 pm

Re: "... Mr. Fred Green Canadian Pacific Railway ..."

According to Wikipedia, "Canadian Pacific Railway Limited (NYSE/TSX: CP) is a Canadian rail transportation company that operates the Canadian Pacific Railway. It was created in 2001 when the CPR's former parent company, Canadian Pacific Limited, spun off its railway operations in 2001. On October 3, 2001, the company's shares began to trade on the New York Stock Exchange and the Toronto Stock Exchange under the 'CP' symbol.".

The Third Schedule of the Constitution Act, 1867 states:

"Provincial Public Works and Property to be the Property of Canada.

...6. Railways and Railway Stocks, Mortgages, and other Debts due by Railway Companies. ...".

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:11 pm

The capitalist media is, in many ways, far more controlled and censored than the fascist, <a href="http://www.xuefeng8.com">seo</a>, <a href="http://www.hkyanda.com">搬屋公司</a> <a href="http://www.hkyanda.com">搬屋</a>