Author Topic Options

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:36 am

The Americanization of Alberta?

Jacob

CKA Elite

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:54 am

Yup! The AmericaiSation of Alberta!<p>---<br>Diogenes said:<br />
"I am Diogenes the Dog. I nuzzle the kind, bark at the greedy and bite scoundrels."

"When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do."

William Blake

"To acquire knowledge, one must study;
but to acquire wisdom, one must observe."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:16 pm

Here is an Alberta song about a sheriff who is a slime..... <br />
<br />
<a href="http://www.openbsd.org/lyrics.html#34">http://www.openbsd.org/lyrics.html#34</a><br />

Jacob

Forum Elite

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:46 pm

BUT the original post of this thread does point to a justified perception. Living in the shadow of a country whos culture is freely available via TV, Mags, Movies plus
It is easy to have the perception of the author.<<

It shows the influence Americans have. They have taken credit for practicaly everything and most have grown to accept it as fact. Even few Canadians realize those things discovered or invented by fellow Canadians and believing it "must have been" by an American.
I have even witnessed disputes as to who made the internet posssible, without consideration as to who invented the telephone.

---
Expect little from life and get more from it.

Expect little from life and get more from it.

CKA Elite

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:22 pm

Love it!

it do beg the question as to which organ though

---
Diogenes said:
"I am Diogenes the Dog. I nuzzle the kind, bark at the greedy and bite scoundrels."

"When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do."

William Blake

"To acquire knowledge, one must study;
but to acquire wisdom, one must observe."

Forum Junkie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:31 pm

I remembered this thread when I was travelling down the four lane highway outside of Grande Prairie, AB the other day. I witnessed a SHERIFF's car clocking traffic and just over the hill, his partner - in another SHERIFF's car was pulling the speeders over and ticketing them.
When this topic came up before, I assumed it was a case of mistaking the courtroom variety of Canadian Sheriffs for the Hollywood style of Rosco P. Coaltrain Sheriff but now that I've seen it with my own eyes, I agree with Ms Costen's take on it.

---
Everybody got to deviate from the norm

Everybody got to deviate from the norm