Author Topic Options

CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:52 pm

Title: Revolution:The Coming Inevitability
Topic: Democracy
Written By: Robin Mathews
Date: Tuesday, October 12 at 08:40
Across nations of the West democratic structures are being undermined to provide greater ruling power for private corporations.  Attempts at reform are brutally repressed.  Growing instability and repression point to an inevitable future of ... armed revolution.
read more

All your news belong to ME! Whahaha I eat news!

Forum Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:52 pm

Yes, sounds about right, the revolution part anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:40 am

Excellent article. I am surprised it was written by a Canadian. My experience in living there for many years was that the average Canadian was too hyperdelusional to figure out what is going on. I visited The west this year and heard over and over again how Canada was resource based and had better banks than the US so things were different. It made me want to puke. Wait till next year when unemployment really begins to rise and the mortgage defaults take off. I realized I could not change the delusional thinking so I voted with my feet and haven't looked back since.

Forum Elite

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:38 pm

$1:
how Canada was resource based
I am a Canuck - and I have to agree with you. Canadians who think we "have it made in the shade" have given no thought to any sort of future for this country. The ONLY way resources can give a country a proverbial "leg up" is by following the example of Norway (for instance) - or by nationalizing the resources, so that more than just taxes come out of this exploitation.

"Stay Calm, Be Brave, Wait for the Signs"
RickW

Forum Junkie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:28 pm

The miserable lives of those living in Nigeria, while they remain a major oil exporter,is an example of what we can expect, eventually, if we let control slip away indefinitely.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:40 am

Robin, you write!

Until private banking is controlled, nothing will change.
http://comer.org/

Forum Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:30 pm

Welcome to Vive CloudyDay. You are right about Robin's writing rites.

CKA Elite

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:04 am

What I don't get is why everyone is surprised or ignorant of the fact that big business and rich people control what goes on, it's been that way since the founding of civilization and is common to every single pollitical system throughout history be it the Romans, Monarchys, dictatorships ect, nothing new here, just modern means of it happening.

Humanity has advanced, when it has advanced, not because it has been sober, responsible, and cautious, but because it has been playful, rebellious, and immature.

The highest function of love is that it makes the loved one a unique and irreplacable being.

CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:10 am

Choban Choban:
What I don't get is why everyone is surprised or ignorant of the fact that big business and rich people control what goes on, it's been that way since the founding of civilization and is common to every single pollitical system throughout history be it the Romans, Monarchys, dictatorships ect, nothing new here, just modern means of it happening.

It's a matter of degree. For a while there we seemed to be moving to a more egalitarian, democratic society. Now the trend seems to be heading the other way.

Poverty costs us all money.

Forum Elite

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:33 pm

The move towards (or away from) egalitarianism can be directly related to how prosperous people feel.

"Stay Calm, Be Brave, Wait for the Signs"
RickW

CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:37 pm

RickW RickW:
The move towards (or away from) egalitarianism can be directly related to how prosperous people feel.

Interesting thought.

Poverty costs us all money.