Author Topic Options

CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:32 am

<strong>Title: </strong> <a href="/article/235929915-big-change-could-be-in-the-air-for-north-american-politics" target="_blank">Big Change Could be in the Air for North American Politics </a>
<strong>Category:</strong> <a href="/topics/57-canadaus-relations" target="_blank">Canada-U.S. relations</a>
<strong>Written By: </strong> <a href="/profiles/NAUWATCH" target="_blank">NAUWATCH</a>
<strong>Date: </strong> Thursday, April 17 at 10:38<br><br>
Apr-16-2008 14:04printcomments Video    <br>
Big Change Could be in the Air for North American Politics (VIDEO)<br>
Tim King Salem-News.com<br>
<br>
Will the 'Amero' Replace the U.S. Dollar?<br>
Union of North America (UNA) Amero Pattern Coin<br>
While nothing is apparently written in stone, it appears secret negotiations are underway that could lead to the implementation of new currency and coins for the American Continents. This is an image of the Union of North America (UNA) Amero Pattern Coins that is not at this point, recognized or authorized by the federal government.<br>
Courtesy: designscomputed.com<br>
<br>
(SALEM, Ore.) - Ignorance is a silent killer, and it appears that the U.S. government along with Mexico and Canada, may be as stealthy as Jack the Ripper when it comes to the proposed North American Union Free Trade Agreement. That may be a severe assessment, but when it comes to the end of the American dream, people get a little punchy.<br>
<br>
Lou Dobbs of CNN calls it, "A proposal for an expanded so-called free trade zone from Alaska to the tip of South America." He says it is not a government program, instead it is formed by international corporations who according to some sources, have seen a 45% increase in profits overall in the last five years, while the American workforce has seen a 3% increase overall.<br><a href="/article/235929915-big-change-could-be-in-the-air-for-north-american-politics">read more >></a>

All your news belong to ME! Whahaha I eat news!

Forum Junkie

GROUP_AVATAR

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:32 am

Yeah, as real as the SPP is, I wouldn't put too much stock into what Dobbs is saying about the Amero etc. Dobbs and his right-wing US buddies tend to indulge in anti-immigrant, jingoistic craziness, and the "amero" coin design and RFID chip video have been discredited elsewhere. You CAN be against the SPP without associating with Dobbs and his slimy ilk. See the excellent article we recently posted on Sunday April 13 from AlterNet on this, called "10 Reasons to Look Critically at Dissolving Mexico-US-Canada Borders", which explains why the SPP is a dangerous initiative, but not for the reasons Dobbs gives.

Once it was decided that Canada was to be a branch-plant society of American capitalism, the issue of Canadian nationalism had been settled.--George Grant

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:45 pm

Yes but, the US government has used the designer of the Ameros designs for legitimate currency before in the past. Check it out. If it's really just a "fantasy" coin why would they go to the trouble? Multiple financial experts have said the amero is coming, regardless of what it will be called. It costs money time effort to design fantasy coins. I believe the mexican president mentioned it as well as various financial experts.

Forum Elite
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:00 am

Vicente Fox on Larry King
TRANSCRIPT FROM CNN.com.
$1:
KING: E-mail from Mrs. Gonzalez in Elizabeth, New Jersey. "Mr. Fox, I would like to know how you feel about the possibility of having a Latin America united with one currency?"

FOX: Long term, very long term. What we propose together, President Bush and myself, it's ALCA, which is a trade union for all of the Americas. And everything was running fluently until Hugo Chavez came. He decided to isolate himself. He decided to combat the idea and destroy the idea...

KING: It's going to be like the euro dollar, you mean?

FOX: Well, that would be long, long term. I think the processes to go, first step into is trading agreement. And then further on, a new vision, like we are trying to do with NAFTA.

While the question was about a currency for Latin America, Fox's answer vis-a-vis a North American currency is ambiguous.